We have known since last November that two back-to-back Independence Day sequels were being planned, although we haven’t had much information on the story for either Independence Day 2 or Independence Day 3 . MTV Movies Blog spoke with director Roland Emmerich , who dropped a big hint that Will Smith may be the President of the United States in the sequels. Here’s an excerpt from their interview: “It’s an alternate reality kind of movie. We pick up the story, what would have happened after this kind of attack? Naturally, the alien technology has changed everything.” RELATED: Independence Day 2 Director Wishes He’d Bailed on Sequel Along with Will Smith Did they rebuild the White House? Who will be president? “Or, who will be president? Who Will be president? See?” We also reported back in March that Will Smith was locked in to star in both movies and that they could start shooting early next year. We’ll be sure to keep you posted with any further details on Independence Day 2 and Independence Day 3 as soon as we have more information. Topics: Independence Day 2 , Independence Day , Independence Day 3
- Independence Day sequel still alive as a new writer steps in
- ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’ review
- 5 shows to stream this week: classic blockbusters, and a unique comedy special
- Alberta's Oil Sands Heat Up
- But Who's Counting?
- The Autistic Hacker
- The Challenger Disaster: A Case of Subjective Engineering
- US counties where more people are dying than being born revealed
- Tech Firms Move to Put Ethical Guard Rails Around AI
Independence Day 2 to Feature Will Smith as President? have 249 words, post on movieweb.com at October 1, 2010. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.