Van Ngoc Tu won a bronze medal at the World Cup Women’s Judo tournament in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, on Saturday. Tu defeated Alexandra of Kazakhstan with a waza-ari (worth seven points) and two yuko (worth five points) in the 48kg category. The win was worth 40 international points, which will further her bid for a place in the London Olympics in 2012. It was the first time Viet Nam has won a medal in the World Cup. Ealier, her teammate Nguyen Thi Lan lost to Shiose Ayoko of Japan in the 57kg class. Viet Nam win U-16 AFF Championship Nguyen Xuan Nam scored the only goal for Viet Nam to beat China 1-0 and win the ASEAN Football Federation U-16 Championship in Solo, Indonesia. The striker pounced on a rebound after China’s goalie Xu Jiamin parried captain Tuan Anh’s close-range shot during a counter attack in the 44th minute of the final at Manahan Stadium. Viet Nam defeated both China and Indonesia 1-0, but lost to East Timor 1-2 to reach the final. East Timor defeated Indonesia 2-0 to secure the bronze medal. The win provided Viet Nam with ideal preparation for the Asian U16 Championship in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, from October… Read full this story
- A pair of Quebecers will lead Canada's World Cup speed skating teams
- The Cricket World Cup
- Rugby World Cup: The best off-field moments so far
- Football World Cup Ticket Fever
- World Cup History - Which Countries Have Won?
- The USMNT Doesn't Deserve To Qualify For The World Cup
- Jonny Wilkinson opens up on life after 2003 World Cup win and England's chances in Japan
- Australia can be a dangerous beast against England as World Cup underdogs
- Fantastic Football World Cup in South Africa - Is Success of Confederations Cup Important?
- The History Behind the Names of the World Cup of Soccer Trophy
Tu bags World Cup judo bronze medal have 311 words, post on english.cinet.vn at September 28, 2010. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.