By John ManassoJune 16, 2010After being named head coach of the Sacramento Kings, Reggie Theus had attempted in July 2007 to hire away Larry Drew from the Atlanta Hawks as his top assistant coach. The job was the first as a coach at any level in the NBA for Theus, a two-time NBA All-Star who played the 1988-89 season with the Hawks and who had formerly been a successful coach in the NCAA at New Mexico State University. Theus and Drew were backcourt mates together on the Kansas City/Sacramento Kings from 1983-1984 to 1985-86. (Incidentally, former Hawks coach Mike Woodson also was a member of that backcourt for those three seasons.)Drew had agreed to accept the position, but then-Hawks general manager Billy Knight held Drew to his contract and announced that employees under contract would not be allowed to leave the organization for lateral moves. I caught up this week with Theus, currently, an assistant with the Minnesota Timberwolves, as someone who would know Drew about as well as anyone, to ask him about the new head coach of the Hawks.JM: Tell me about your relationship with Larry Drew.RT:
- What does Adam Sandler’s stand-up look like in 2018?
- Inside the matchups - Week 8
- Inside the matchups- Week 7
- Inside the Matchups - Week 1
- Inside the matchups - Week 4
- Inside the matchups - Week 3
- Inside the NFL Matchups: Week 12
- Inside the NFL matchups: Week 13
- News' Gary Myers takes you inside one of the greatest plays in NFL history in his new book ...
- Inside the NFL matchups: Week 14
An Inside Look Into Larry Drew have 257 words, post on www.foxsports.com at June 16, 2010. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.