BMW‘s 1 Series may be small, but it’s a big success. After six years of production, BMW managed to build the one millionth 1 Series, and delivered the car to its lucky owner at the recent motor show in Germany.
In production since 2004 (but only offered in North America since 2007), the one millionth 1 Series was presented to its new owner at the Leipzig show — fitting, since the car was assembled at BMW’s nearby Leipzig assembly plant. The millionth 1 was an Alpine White 118d two-door hatchback, powered by a 2.0-liter turbo-diesel I-4.
Although it has found a dedicated following here in North America, Germany remains the largest single market for the 1 Series. According to BMW, 336,017 of the first million 1 Series cars built have been sold to German residents.
BMW may be excited about preparing its Leipzig plant for its forthcoming Mega City electric vehicle, but there are still some landmarks ahead for the 1 Series. The automaker will build a batch of 500 electric-powered 1 Series coupes patterned off the ActiveE concept, which will be leased in select markets. These vehicles (along with the MiniE that came before it) allow BMW to test systems that will ultimately be incorporated into the aforementioned Mega City.
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Sales Milestone: MPV Crosses 5 Lakh Units Since Launch In India
- Here TV Premieres Girls’ Voices Now Anthology Series in Partnership with WVN
- Twitter Goes Mad as Top YouTuber PewDiePie Sets New Record Reaching 100 Million Subscribers
- 'It Means a Lot': YouTube Star PewDiePie Reveals New Custom-Made Award for 100 Million Subscribers
- Sampdoria 1-2 Juventus: Ronaldo and Dybala send champions top as Buffon and Sarri reach landmarks
- YouTubers, Silicon Valley, and fans help MrBeast raise $20 million for tree charity
- Samsung denies reports claiming it has sold one million Galaxy Fold units
- 267 million - mostly American - Facebook users IDs, names and phone numbers have been exposed online in unsecured database
- This Glorious Porsche Speedster Is The Final 991-Series 911
- SwiftKey is the latest Microsoft app to pass 500 million installs on Android
- Tesla reaches deal to build electric vehicle factory in China
- Civilization VI Brings The Series Back To Its Best
- Maruti Wagon R Sales Milestone: Tall-Boy Crosses 1 Lakh Units Since Launch In India
- Supreme Rice in Crowley to undergo $20 million expansion
- Banking on action: How ADB achieved 2020 climate finance milestone one year ahead of time
- Spain’s Glovo grabs $166M Series E for its ‘deliver anything’ app
- South Africa arrests two former Eskom managers for alleged $50 million fraud
- India Vs West Indies 3rd ODI Highlights: Virat Kohli soars, Shardul roars as Team India clinch ODI series
- London-based on-demand delivery service Jinn picks up $7.5M Series A
- Kaleidofin raises Rs 36 crore series A round led by impact investor Oikocredit
Millionth Milestone: BMW 1 Series Reaches 1 Million Units have 433 words, post on www.motortrend.com at April 13, 2010. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.