By Andrew BlanksteinLos Angeles TimesMarch 9, 2010Former Los Angeles Dodgers center fielder Willie Davis was found dead Tuesday morning in his Burbank home, police said. He was 69.Authorities said that a neighbor who usually brought breakfast to the former baseball star’s Victory Boulevard home found Davis’ body.The case is being handled by the Los Angeles County coroner, but authorities said there was nothing to indicate foul play and that it appears that Davis died of natural causes.Davis, an All-City athlete in several sports at Roosevelt High School in Boyle Heights in the late 1950s, became one of the Dodgers’ early stars after the team moved to Los Angeles from Brooklyn in 1958. Known for his offense, Davis played center field for the Dodgers for 13 seasons starting in 1961. He hit in a team record 31 consecutive games in 1969 and batted .305 or above three years straight in the late 1960s and early 1970s.But he also committed a World Series-record three errors in one inning against the Baltimore Orioles in 1966.Davis left the Dodgers in 1973. His last season in the major leagues was in 1979 with the Angels.After baseball, Davis made headlines in 1996 when he was arrested… Read full this story
- The Rivalry Between the Dodgers and the Giants
- Mary Todd Lincoln and Varina Davis Howell
- Christian America - Raising a Nation From the Dead? Part I
- Jefferson Davis - From Bridegroom to Widower in 89 Days - "From Kentucky Log Cabin to the Capitol"
- Help Save Troy Davis - Georgia Death Row Inmate Unjustly Convicted
- The best films of 2012
- 2019-20 NBA Western Conference preview capsules
- Lakeland, Florida Revival Bizzare Revival? Charisma Editor Lee Grady's Caution & Warning Of Revival
- Home Business Tips - Are You Tiger Or Rocco Or Somebody Else?
- Winning at the Dog Track With No Surprises
Former Dodger Willie Davis found dead have 291 words, post on www.foxsports.com at March 9, 2010. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.