Former NBA star Jayson Williams apologized to police for “causingtrouble” about 90 minutes after swerving into oncoming traffic andcrashing his SUV into a tree, prosecutors said Thursday at thebeleaguered ex-player’s arraignment on drunken driving charges.Wearing a neck brace and a bandage above his right eye, atired-looking Williams appeared at the proceeding via video linkfrom Bellevue Hospital, where he is being treated for a minor bonefracture in his neck and cuts to his face.He didn’t enter a plea and said little beyond brief answersto a few standard questions, plus a “thank you” to the judge as theproceeding ended. His bail was set at $10,000, and he will have towear an electronic monitoring bracelet if released.It wasn’t immediately clear when that might happen;authorities said they were unsure Thursday evening whether Williamshad posted bail, and his lawyers didn’t immediately return calls.One of his defense lawyers said Williams needs medical treatmentfor an undetermined period.The case marks the latest in a series of legal and personalproblems for Williams, who is awaiting retrial on a manslaughtercharge in New Jersey.Williams’ black Mercedes-Benz SUV veered across four lanes ofoncoming traffic before slamming into a tree at an exit from FDRDrive in Manhattan around 3:15 a.m. Tuesday, according to… Read full this story
- Colin Allred: Ex-NFL star Congressman bewildered by Jan 6 insurrection's 'rage and mob mentality'
- Baroness Shirley Williams was a beautiful, brainy, big beast who dumped grammar schools and paved the way for New Labour
- DMX health updates – Brain tests today with rapper ‘in vegetative state on life support after OD caused 3 heart attacks’
- DMX dead at 50 one week after 'overdose' and heart attack: Family pay tribute to 'iconic' rapper 'who fought till the very end'
- 100 Best Comedy Films of All Time, According to Critics
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren: Start time, how to watch, weigh-ins and full fight card
- Phillip Adams shooting – Sole survivor of Rock Hill rampage Robert Shook ‘lost a lot of blood’ & has a ‘long road ahead’
- The 39 best movies to stream on Netflix
- 39 of the best movies to stream on Netflix
DA: Ex-NBA star Jayson Williams sorry for ‘causing trouble’ have 348 words, post on www.foxsports.com at January 6, 2010. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.