According to reports, the New York Times reporter Jodi Kantor just inked a seven-figure deal to write a volume about the Obamas. The New York Observer reported that this was partly due to the access to the White House she received as a representative of the New York Times: “It could not be determined whether Ms. Kantor has secured the Obamas’ cooperation, but the fact that her story featured an extensive interview with them in the Oval Office seemed to indicate that she is going into the project with a good working relationship with them. “… During the campaign, Ms. Kantor produced a number of biographical stories about the president and his inner circle, including one on his time at the head of the Harvard Law Review, one on his career as a law professor, one on his basketball-playing and one on how his friends were bracing themselves for his presidency.” Of course, Kantor is not the only one in close proximity cashing in on the Obama publishing craze. And there is nothing new about authors cashing in on the access they get as journalists. The Washington Post’s Bob Woodward of Watergate fame has turned it into a high art… Read full this story
- New York Times ‘deeply sorry’ for anti-Semitic Trump cartoon after Jewish leaders accuse paper of stoking hatred
- New York Times led by anti-Semites: Israeli cartoonist draws response to controversial picture
- Why can’t the New York Times stand Brexit?
- Edinburgh comic Jay Lafferty’s Brexit gag makes front page of New York Times
- New York: How to take the juiciest bite out of the Big Apple
- Mueller Unlikely to trouble White House
- White House to host screening of Tyrone man's pro-life movie
- Belfast dog Harlso could be top dog at glittering New York gala
- White House screens controversial anti-abortion film amid hopes of a Hollywood awakening
- Trump speaks to state attorneys general at White House
Did the New York Times Pimp the White House? have 311 words, post on www.theroot.com at November 23, 2009. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.