This never happened to Schwarzenegger. Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, who plays a Muslim mistaken for a terrorist in his latest film, says he was racially profiled at Newark Airport and detained for two hours on Friday. The 43-year-old “Tom Cruise of India” – cited last year by Newsweek as one of the world’s 50 most influential men – was released only after Indian diplomats intervened. “I was really being hassled, perhaps because of my name being Khan,” the international box office sensation charged Saturday in a text message to reporters. “These guys wouldn’t let me through.” Khan, who has appeared in more than 70 films, said he was waiting for his luggage Friday when his name popped up on a computer alert list. Security then pulled him aside. “Absolutely uncalled for, I think,” Khan said. “I felt angry and humiliated.” Khan said he endured two hours of interrogation before he was allowed to call the Indian embassy in Washington. An official there vouched for the star, who was then released. “I was really taken aback,” Khan told an Indian television station. “I did not want to say anything just in case they took everything wrong, because I am a… Read full this story
- WNBA All-Star game to be held in Connecticut
- Brazil’s Neymar claims racial abuse by fans
- Evra claims racial abuse from Suarez
- All-Star game becomes part of immigration fight
- Hispanic groups: Boycott All-Star Game
- Senator wants boycott of ’11 All-Star game in Phoenix
- Senator calls for boycott of Arizona All Star game
- Latino rights group urges moving ’11 All-Star game
- Will MLS favor youth over aging stars?
- Cruz Azul, Santos claim Apertura wins
Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan held at Newark Airport; claims racial profiling due to Muslim name have 277 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at August 15, 2009. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.