When our daughter, who had just begun her graduate program, stopped by and dropped the bomb that she was pregnant, it began an adventure I never could have imagined. She decided to keep the baby and explore the relationship with her baby’s father, whom she had been dating for just a few months. We supported that decision and in order to help ensure she continued with her program and graduate, my husband and I volunteered to babysit one day per week. The pregnancy was high risk, as she had recently recovered from an embolism and had to be on a blood thinners, which was too closely related to rat poison for our comfort! She had to give herself painful shots twice per day and yet remained optimistic about becoming a mother and successfully juggling school and motherhood.
Well nine months later, she delivered a healthy baby girl and instantly our lives changed forever. All at once we became grandparents for the first time, and this precious baby girl came into our lives and has brought more joy than we could ever have imagined! Having her one day per week has made us especially close. My husband in grandfather extraordinaire. He traveled extensively when his daughter was a baby and missed a lot of the day to day milestones. Also, when you are young, it is easy to get focused on work and career and the days just fly by.
Becoming a grandparent is different. We watch with wonder her growth and accomplishments. We have infinite patience and will sign Row, Row, Row Your Boat a hundred times in a row if it makes her happy. Her latest antics is playing one-eyed peek-a-boo. She carefully clutches the blanket with both her little fists, and slings it over her head. Next she carefully lowers the blanket on one side so she can see us with one eye so she can watch us searching for her. She is convinced her eye is invisible and we certainly would never spoil the fun. What a joy to be a grandparent! We are reminded in so many ways that it’s the little things in life that really matter the most!
- Peek Inside Meghan Markle's Children's Book — Including a Sweet New Illustration of Harry and Archie!
- ‘Collective joy around the world is what we all need’: Anne Geddes, the original baby-picture influencer
- Pop’s ‘Sad Girls’ Are Making Joyful Music—Kind Of
- 'Just call me Papa': New grandad Eamonn Holmes melts hearts as he posts first snap of his son and newborn granddaughter Emelia
- Usain Bolt, in a Narrow Defeat, Leaves Behind a Yawning Chasm
- Every Eurovision UK entry ranked, from worst to best
- In Libya, the Captors Have Become the Captive
- Hilary Duff and Matthew Koma Celebrate Daughter Banks' 2nd Birthday After Announcing Pregnancy News
- The 7 Images That Shaped The New Museum’s Deputy Director’s Career
- The 7 Images That Shaped The Career Of The New Museum’s Deputy Director
- Mum, 29, charged with murder of newborn son and attempting to kill toddler
- Child Care in Crisis: Can Biden’s Plan Save It?
- Recap: Dave Holmes Reports From Inside the Theater
- Usain Bolt pulls up hurt in final race as Britain win men's 4x100m gold
- Olympic gold puts Xander Schauffele among golf’s elite players
- Olympic gold puts Schauffele among golf's elite players
- In Boyish Girl Interrupted, Tig Notaro is just a person (just a person)
- Ruth Langsford's adorable reaction to Eamonn Holmes' Kiss Cam fail revealed
- My mother-in-law snuck into my hospital room to watch me give birth – she hid in the loo and recorded the whole thing
- Abby Huntsman's Wild Year: Why She Really Left The View, Her Family's COVID Scare — and What's Next
One-Eyed Peek-A-Boo and the Joys of Grandparenting have 607 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 3, 2009. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.