I avoid most vampire stories, let alone a vampire story with any kind of love, friendship and romance in it. There are too many out there that are too far fetched, sappy or romanticized. I make exception to Let the Right One In. Even without the horror parts, it is a suspenseful read with credible characters and a good plot all round. It is rare to get a a good combination of adolescence, loss-of-innocence, the importance of friends and the supernatural.Meet Oskar, a shy, imaginative 12 year old boy of a single mom. He is the typical target for high school bullies. The poor guy is constantly ridiculed and beaten to the point where he literally wets himself. Enter the weird girl next door, Eli and her weirder “older relative.” Oskar soon makes an awkward friendship with this girl-next-door and finds that, in many ways, she is the least mixed up character in his life. Meanwhile, Oskar’s neighborhood, a bleak, low-income area, soon becomes a worse place to live when people start disappearing or dying in gruesome ways.Oskar suspects something odd, even wrong about his new friend. He soon realizes something is dangerous about her constantly changing health, expressions and… Read full this story
- Budget 2020: 'We’re being hammered left right and centre'
- Let Kashmir speak
- Annual property MOTs and a database of rogue landlords - expert reveals his five-point wishlist for buy-to-let, but what changes would you make?
- Atheist woman wins right to exhume cremated remains of baby boy who died 15 years ago so he can be buried in unconsecrated land next to her when she dies
- Re-elected Liberal government would stand up for abortion rights in N.B.: Trudeau
- Outrage at United Airlines for letting a passenger fly with a t-shirt advocating the lynching of journalists despite complaints from fellow travelers
- Claw blimey! Crab fights off a hungry seagull by pinching its neck and refusing to let go
- Let's Remember Some Guys: The Precise Location Of The Infamous 1986 Mets Bar Brawl
- Let's Remember Some Guys: Behind The Remembering
- ‘Operating with integrity and trust will never let you down’
Let the Right One in have 345 words, post on ezinearticles.com at July 26, 2009. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.