The more obvious signs of constipation are infrequent bowel movement, difficult bowel movement, fecal straining and painful bowel movement while less common indicators are dry bowel movement , abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. Regardless of the signs, if you are having less than 3 bowel movements each week you are a candidate for constipation.
There are many causes of constipation including medications, poor bowel habits, low fiber diets, abuse of laxatives, hormonal disorders, and diseases primarily of other parts of the body that also affect the colon. We must be aware of these causes and cautious of resulting signs of constipation before it becomes severe.
For most citizens the number of bowel movements generally decreases with age. The great number of adults have bowel movements between three and 21 times per week, and this is considered normal. The most common pattern is one bowel movement a day, but this pattern is seen in less than 50% of people. Moreover, most people are irregular and do not have bowel movements every day or the same number of bowel movements each day.
Constipation is a common disorder that is rampant among the American population. Estimates show that over 3 million people have constipation annually in the United States. As if that were not enough, more than 2 million also suffer from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Research has shown that a long-term solution is to change your lifestyle and accompany that with a natural herbal colon cleanse, especially if you are over 40 years of age. We offer some remedies to maintain good colon health.
The causes of constipation are multifaceted. There are varied methods in that will result in some form of relief for anyone who has got constipation. But research shows that the only way to resolve this problem in the long-term is a colon cleanse with a good natural herbal colon cleanse. For the purpose of this write-up, we’ll focus a lot more on the natural home remedies useful in signs of constipation and bring relief around us.
Drink plenty of water regularly. At least 6 glasses of water a day would be very great and therapeutic. Large amounts of water aids in quick digestion and enable easier bowel movement. Many physicians recommend 8 glasses everyday for overall good health. The body is 75-80% water, so if you perspire quite a bit, then you need more water to maintain certain levels.
If you have more advanced signs of constipation, try using mango fruit. Take one in the morning right after brushing before breakfast or as early in the day as possible, and one at night after dinner. Mangoes are very effective bowel movers. There is a sure guarantee that you will have bowel movements at least twice before nightfall. This is a very natural form of eliminating constipation.
Another little known technique is to eat cooked cabbage and take half a cup of cabbage juice twice a day. Cabbage is high in fiber and nutrients that will stimulate digestion and relieve constipation. At the first signs of constipation you should start this regiment for a few days. This is very effective in treating and curing constipation.
Now, if you are suffering from chronic constipation, take a drink of figs dipped in water in the morning, or as soon as possible. If taken in generous amounts, you’ll definitely find yourself reaching for the next available toilet in no time.
Another little used remedy is molasses which has high calorie content but is very good. Beware though for it has a strong taste and you will want to add fruit juice or milk to it when taking it. All you really need is two tablespoonfuls of blackstrap molasses just before sleeping at night to begin to gain relief from signs of constipation.
Then, you can get half a glass of water and mix in one-eighth (1/8) cup of Epsom salts with it for fast constipation relief. Many people use Epsom salts to treat their constipation. Epsom salts work like a laxative. The salts can be mixed with water and taken orally or used in an enema. Epsom salts operate by increasing water in the intestines and they can bring temporary relief to someone suffering from constipation.
However, there are dangers in using Epsom salts to relieve constipation and many people are unaware of them. If you have any questions, or prolonged constipation, consult your physician.
The causes and signs of constipation [http://NaturalHerbalColonCleanse.blogspot.com] are varied. But chief among them are unhealthy eating, and the non-consumption of high fiber content foods- lack of exercise, minimal fluid intake and changes in both life and environment such as changes in locations or traveling and pregnancy.
The best long-term remedy is a lifestyle change and a diet high in fiber.
- 12 Herbal Home Remedies To Fight Bird Flu Or Avian Influenza
- 10 Home Remedies To Cure Breast Pain
- 6 Effective Home Remedies For Cystic Acne
- Home Remedies For Fatty Liver Disease & Foods To Avoid It
- Home Remedies You Can Use To Deal With Cosmetic Allergies
- Simple Home Remedy To Reduce Eye Strain
- 10 Home Remedies To Get Relief From Hernia
- Is Your Mouth Getting Dried Up Too Often? These Home Remedies Help Treat Dry Mouth Instantly
- 9 Home Remedies That Can Help Treat Scabies
- Lemon For Hair Growth: 10 Easy Home Remedies That Actually Work
- Kadha recipe: Bhagyashree credits this ‘home remedy’by mother-in-law that works magic on cold, cough and fever
- 15 Warning Signs And Symptoms Of Ebola Virus Disease
- 25 Nature's Most Powerful Antibiotics, According To Experts
- 9 Natural Ingredients That Will Keep Your Skin Stunning In Monsoon
- How To Check Blood Pressure At Home?
- Horoscope Today: Astrological prediction for August 26, what’s in store for Aries, Leo, Virgo, Libra and other zodiac signs
- DIY: How To Make Your Own Rose Water At Home
- Horoscope Today: Astrological prediction for September 1, what’s in store for Aries, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio and other zodiac signs
- 10 Natural Ways To Treat Postpartum Depression
- Horoscope Today: Astrological prediction for August 31, what’s in store for Aries, Taurus, Leo, Libra and other zodiac signs
Signs of Constipation and Natural Home Remedies and More! have 989 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 9, 2009. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.