Take Some Tips from the Best of the Best: Use Magic and a Bit of StardustThat’s it. I’ll tell them, Ivan. My friend Ivan called from Alaska and quipped that I need to go to Washington to tell them how to explain the stimulus package so people understand. I said, “Hey, that’s what my newsletter is about this month, The Art of Explaining Things!” Then my Persuasion class at Barry University decided that the White House needs to explain the stimulus package in a way that the people in Liberty City understand! (Liberty City is a particularly rough area in Miami, the home of many historical racial riots). “So that,” I said, “is your final exam!” They screamed. I was joking.But I did think about my hero, the best ‘explainer’ in the universe; the man who explained physics to millions; the man who explained the Space Shuttle Challenger’s o-ring problem on live TV in the 1980s; the late physicist and Renaissance Man, Richard Feynman. I discovered Mr. Feynman’s gift when I checked out his 1963 lectures on Physics from the library. I was hungry for thought on long boring drives. Little did I know that Feynman would pack my imagination… Read full this story
- Quartermark: Richard Alston review — Celebrating the joy of movement
- Composer Richard Thomas talks updating The Merry Widow for ENO
- Adjoa Andoh and Lynette Linton on their all-women-of-colour Richard II
- The galleries using art to try to change the world
- It's a Newbury thing
- The best things to do for Mother’s Day in London
- The best things to do for Mother’s Day 2019 in London
- Graffiti: street art or vandalism?
- 11 things happening this week in Northern Ireland
- INTERVIEW: RSC actor Richard Clews
The Art of Explaining Things - Richard Feynman Style have 283 words, post on ezinearticles.com at February 19, 2009. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.