The mums were sweating over a decision they had to make.No. They weren’t just sweating. They were fretting over a decision.Their daughters, both just turned 13, had asked for permission to go on a Saturday night party bus with over forty 16 and 17 year olds.A party bus is a nightclub-on-wheels for young people. There is supervision and it is promoted as alcohol-free but they can be dodgy. The mums knew little about it.The two girls put huge pressure on their mothers to let them go – pester power was alive and well in their homes in the preceding days. Both mums admitted that the alarm bells were ringing and they didn’t feel good about letting their daughters girls go on the party bus!It was the first time they had been put on the spot in such a way so they sought my advice.My response was simple and straight-forward – “You can say NO!”The age gap between the girls and the rest of the party, their experience gap and the mothers’ lack of knowledge about who was attending and the exact nature of supervision were the main issues.Both girls are in the early stages of adolescence where they think they… Read full this story
- Marijuana use is rising sharply among seniors over 65, study says, and there are serious risks
- Tori Spelling says her kids have been bullied
- Time's Up says Weinstein verdict 'marks a new era of justice'
- They were sent to a shelter for safety. Instead, these women say they were sexually abused
- Oil and gas companies 'invest' money on members of Congress with anti-environment voting records, study says
- Accusers say Weinstein verdict is 'just a drop in a wave of justice to come'
- World Health Organization STILL refuses to say coronavirus crisis is at pandemic levels - despite 'deeply concerning' spread of cases to Iran, Italy and South Korea
- 'Stop hugging and kissing': British 'standoffishness' is the best way to halt coronavirus, says academic
- McConnell pays tribute to former acting spy chief and won't say if he supports Grenell
- US wants new nuclear weapons to counter Russia but says there is no arms race
You Can Say No! have 352 words, post on ezinearticles.com at October 29, 2008. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.