Teen vampire fiction author Stephanie Meyer has already had a busy year with the early August release of the final piece of her best selling Twilight saga, Breaking Dawn. Summit Entertainment recently announced that the theatrical release of the Twilight movie, based on the first book in the popular series, has been moved from December to November 21st. This is exciting news for many teens and young adults obsessed with the series which chronicles forbidden love between a vampire teen and his early girlfriend.
Bella Swan, the story’s ‘normal’ girl, is played by Kristen Stewart. Her character is a true original that sets herself apart from the trendy crowd at her high school in Phoenix. The Twilight saga picks up when Bella’s mother remarries and sends her to Forks, Washington, to live with her father. This is where she meets the charming Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson). Bella is immediately captivated by the clever and intelligent Edward, who seems to see Bella for who she really is.
Bella and Edward quickly develop a strong romance. Unlike ‘traditional’ vampires, Edward’s clan does not drink human blood and prefer to live in a civilized fashion. Aside from being immortal and possessing non-human strength and speed, Edward is fairly normal. The tension heats up in Twilight, when James (Cam Gigandet), Laurent (Edi Gathegi), and Victoria (Rachelle Lefevre), the Cullens’ enemies, com to try to find Bella.
It will certainly be interesting to see if the enthusiasm for the feature film presentation of Stephanie Meyers’ is as high as it was for the written story. Though commercially successful, reviews of the Breaking Dawn series finale were mixed. Some avid fans of the vampire drama were disappointed with the way the story ended. However, the anticipation leading up to the Breaking Dawn book release in early August was so high, it would have been virtually impossible to satisfy the expectations of all readers.
- 2011 hit movies released on DVD
- Movies released this October
- Dau Tieng Irrigation Reservoir begins release water from November 21
- "Female Giants" release date set for May 20
- Panasonic G5 mirrorless camera gets September 13th release date in Japan
- 17 movies to be released in Vietnam this April
- Ten thriller, horror movies to be screened in October
- Vietnamese film The Third Wife set for theatrical release in US
- Film The Third Wife set for theatrical release in US
- 23 movies to be released in Vietnam this July