Actress Katherine Heigl, who played the role of intern Dr. Isobel “Izzie” Stevens on the ABC medical drama Grey’s Anatomy, has made Katherine Heigl scrubs a star hit! Born on November 24, 1978 to a privileged family, she was raised in Connecticut. At the age of nine she began fashion modeling for Lord and Taylor and Sears catalogs, and she soon received offers to model on television commercials. Her first acting job was in 1992’s That Night, followed by King of the Hill. Her first leading role was in the comedy My Father the Hero in 1994. During this period she attended public high school, but dropped out in 10th grade to pursue her acting and modeling careers. She played in Under Siege 2: Dark Territory in 1995 and in Wish Upon a Star, a Disney film made for television in 1996. That same year her parents divorced, and her mother was diagnosed with cancer.
She graduated high school in 1997 and moved to Malibu, California. In 1998 she played in an updated version of Shakespeare’s The Tempest set in the American Civil War, in which she co-starred with Peter Fonda. That same year she starred in Bride of Chucky, a horror film. In 1999 she turned from movies to television by taking the role of Isabel Evans in Roswell, the science fiction television drama, which lasted three seasons. Her popularity at this time led to articles about her in TV Guide, Teen, and Life. She also appeared in the Girls of Maxim Gallery and was named the 12th sexiest woman in the world. She appeared in the FHM calendars and was voted 19th on FHM’s “One hundred Sexiest Women in the World” poll.
In 2005, after a series of movie and television roles, she was cast as Dr. Isobel Stevens on Grey’s Anatomy, a role which would become her trademark and be her biggest success, and the starting point of Katherine Heigel scrubs. The end of 2006 she was nominated for a Golden Globe “Best Supporting Actress” award; and on September 16, 2007 she won an Emmy for her Izzie Stevens role as Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series. In 2008 she starred in the movie 27 Dresses, showing free or cheap scrubs for nurses; and later that year AskMen.com named her the Most Desirable Woman of 2008. She has also had considerable publicity for her outspoken political views. In a highly publicized interview in Vanity Fair, she criticized her directors in the film Knocked Up (and the film itself) as being sexist. Her comments created a widespread reaction in the press, which primarily attacked her as being a hypocrite and an ungrateful traitor, and suggested she never work again.
- Firefly Lane star Katherine Heigl reveals name people actually call her in real life
- Katherine Heigl admits Grey’s Anatomy exit ‘could have been done with more grace’
- Katherine Heigl reveals the REAL reason she left Grey's Anatomy - and the 'turning point' that changed how she felt about her fame
- Katherine Heigl reflects on ‘public shaming’ in Hollywood and credits therapy for ‘healing’ her
- Katherine Heigl reveals the real reason she left Grey’s Anatomy following rumours of on-set feuds
- Katherine Heigl hits back at being labelled ‘difficult’ in Hollywood: ‘I felt like I would rather be dead’
- Katherine Heigl weighs in on Alex and Izzie’s Grey’s Anatomy reunion: ‘Isn’t that an a**hole move?’
- 'Now it's best to lie low': Vicki Zhao and other stars hit by China's entertainment crackdown and why
- 'Crouching Tiger' Star Zhang Ziyi to Make Directorial Debut With Patriotic Chinese Blockbuster
- Who is Collin Morikawa’s girlfriend Katherine Zhu, when did pair meet and has she caddied for Ryder Cup star?
- They scrub up well! Soap stars Jorgie Porter, Brooke Vincent and more join forces for glamorous TRIC Awards
- No Scrubs! 20 Years After Their Hit Album Fanmail, Chilli and T-Boz Still 'Attached at the Hip'
- Shonda Rhimes and Other Stars React to ABC’s Shocking ‘Roseanne’ Cancellation
- Death, superheroes and vegans: What happened to stars of Clueless 25 years after release
- ‘The Universe Hit Pause’: The Ripple Effects of Broadway’s Shutdown
- Michael Jackson and Sarah Ferguson among stars who narrowly escaped 9/11 attack
- New Zealand keep ODI series vs England alive as Lea Tahuhu and Maddy Green star at Leicester
- Greg Davies height: How tall is The Cleaner star?
- As imports hit roadblock, when can Canada make its own N95 masks?
- Alicia Silverstone's Clueless co-star in major career swap
Katherine Heigl Scrubs Are the Star Hit have 726 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 23, 2008. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.