As the NFL season is upon us I thought this would be a good opportunity to discuss how television can inhibit a life of no regrets. How many of you watched more football games than only your hometown or favorite team last season? I have to admit that I watched a couple more than I should have. That is precious time that I am never going to be able to reclaim. I would be willing to wager that you cannot remember virtually anything from those games except maybe a play or two in the playoffs or Super Bowl that you could have easily seen during a highlights segment. How many college football games did you watch, reality series, etc? I think you see where I am going.What else could you have been doing instead? Maybe reading one of those books that you thought was so interesting when you purchased it but have yet to crack it open. Did you know that the average American reads one book per year? Maybe you could have begun or increased your exercise program. Over 60% of American adults are not regularly active. Twelve to sixteen ounce curls do count. I am not trying to… Read full this story
- Monday briefing: Anger as London Bridge attack made political
- Man of war
- When Clive Dalrymple died homeless, he left his paintings. Do they hold clues to his death?
- Inventions that changed our lives: JAN MOIR looks back at innovations over the last 60 years... and admits that some (like her dishwasher) she prizes more than the man in her life
- I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 2018 cast rumours revealed
- Trump the Destroyer
- Jenny Slate is a powerhouse in
- The making of a bedsit Nazi: who was the man who killed Jo Cox?
Calling All Football and Other Television Addicts have 291 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 30, 2008. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.