Working practices and office designWorking practices are most commonly decided by management initiatives. Employers establish what is needed to be done and managers direct workers how they can best perform their tasks. Not anymore.The world of social networking, wireless communication and ubiquitous internet access is allowing employees to work from home, share ideas and better influence their firm’s direction.This societal change is stimulating research into how office space, design office design and new IT systems affect workers, and the results are surprising.A report by the Commission for Architecture & the Built Environment (CABE) and the British Council for Offices (BCO) has revealed office interior design affects staff satisfaction, motivation and retention.Furthermore, it affects productivity, responsiveness to technological change and their knowledge and innovation levels.Paul Morrell, CABE commissioner and president of the BCO, explained: “Those employers who ignore the evidence of office design as an enabler of staff satisfaction and performance risk the loss of key staff and ultimately business success.”The report, Impact of Office Design on Business Performance, found the workplace is responsible for 24 per cent of job satisfaction and this can affect staff performance by five per cent for individuals and 11 per cent for team workers.The Calgary… Read full this story
- How to wow the office while working from home: City high-flier and mother-of-nine tells women to perfect their make-up and wear heels
- How to shift the office into the living room
- Can computers ever replace the classroom?
- In times of uncertainty, let nature be your refuge
- Coping With COVID-19 Crisis: A Conversation With ‘Hadestown’ Director Rachel Chavkin
- The Stabbing in Morningside Park
- The Tragedy of King Beef - a RimWorld: Royalty story, part one of two
- Donna Ward cops prejudice for being a 'spinster'. But she's relishing her single life
- The best HTC Vive games for 2020
- 260,000 Brits would’ve died of coronavirus without drastic measures – and shutdown could last 18 months
The Psychology of Office Space have 313 words, post on ezinearticles.com at May 13, 2008. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.