Your say (15-02-2008) The spring festival is the most important celebration of the year in Viet Nam. Expatriates and visitors share with Viet Nam News their Lunar New Year experiences. David Frogier, Germany This is the second time I have had the chance to celebrate Tet in Viet Nam. This year I was fortunate enough to be able to spend the holiday with a Vietnamese family – so I experienced Tet first hand. Although spending time with the family is central to the celebrations, I had the impression that for most Vietnamese families it’s not a relaxing time at all. From dawn till dusk they are taking care of visitors, serving them all kinds of food and drink. I was quite impressed with the way people had managed to buy enough food and drink to last the whole week. In Europe, Christmas celebrations only last three days, but that is enough to fill up people’s fridges. (more…)
- SIPs, a great way to collect wealth
- The many shades of rape cases in Delhi
- German petition on Taiwan forces government to justify 'one China' policy
- Can Quilting Be an Addiction?
- Self harm rise among young in Wales 'alarming'
- FMIA Week 14: How George Kittle and the ‘Choice’ Route Helped Lift 49ers Over Saints in the Game of the Year
- Linda Ronstadt's delicious takedown of Mike Pompeo
- Have Manchester United just set a record for consecutive league wins?
Your say (15-02-2008) have 232 words, post on at February 14, 2008. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.