A Washington, D.C., lawyer with the public defender’s office ended up in a holding cell last week after a heated argument with a judge.Judge John Bayly Jr. said he acted because the PD, Liyah Brown, argued over with him over whether her client was homeless—and kept on arguing even when he told her to stop, Legal Times reports. Bayly ordered Brown jailed, but later released her without filing contempt charges.Bayly explained himself to Julia Leighton, the general counsel of the public defender service, saying Brown was like a terrier who wouldn’t let go of a bone.“She was oppositional and defiant,” he told Leighton. “Not in an unpleasant way, you understand, you know, but she just defiantly refused what I said to do, which was to stop talking.”Leighton says Brown’s imprisonment was unwarranted and contends Bayly abused his power.
- Britain's 'worst neighbour', 71, is threatened with jail after spraying long-suffering couple next door with high-pressure hose in dog-fouling row
- Euphoria star Sydney Sweeney lands lead role in upcoming crime-drama film Silver Star... with production beginning in early 2021
- Chihuahua called Pablo Escobar slapped with dog control order for terrorising sheep
- Land Rover driver repeatedly rams into parked Toyota in 'parking row' in London
- From the Moon Landing to Donald Trump's Alternative Facts—Why People Believe in Conspiracy Theories
- Both Remain & Leave Were Sh*t: Reactions as Lord Sugar Calls for Boris Jail Time
- Black activist jailed for his Facebook posts speaks out about secret FBI surveillance
- Madeleine McCann suspect LOSES his parole bid: Christian Brueckner must complete jail term for drug charges, court rules
- Johnny Depp savages Amber Heard in High Court by claiming she 'drank two bottles of wine a night', repeatedly secretly filmed him and 'all hell would break loose' if he didn't follow her rules or 'feed the attention she wanted'
- Bobby Brown's son Bobby Jr, 28, is found dead at his LA home - five years after death of his half-sister Bobbi Kristina and eight years after stepmother Whitney Houston drowned in a bath
Dogged Argument Lands PD in Jail have 335 words, post on www.abajournal.com at September 4, 2007. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.