COMMISSIONER DAVID STERN: Good morning. We’re here today to discuss the ongoing investigation into certain allegations about NBA referee, Tim Donaghy. What I propose to do is to tell you what our procedures are with respect to referees and gambling; what we can or cannot tell you and why there are certain things we can’t tell you that might have made it easier not to have this press conference at this time, but we thought it was our obligation to have it; what previous actions we have known about with respect to Mr. Donaghy, what we did about those, and what we are permitted to say about Mr. Donaghy and the investigation and when we learned about those facts. And then I’ll open it up to questions and spend quite a bit of time here to satisfy you on all of the things that I’m able to. The first thing that I would like to say is that our rules are crystal clear; that referees may not either gamble on our games; or, provide information to anyone about those games. We, you know, have a rule that says you’re subject to discipline, which would most likely be expulsion from the… Read full this story
- Howard Stern Uncensored
- Eastern Conference - Looking Into The Crystal Ball
- The Three Methods of Court Reporting
- Plenty of toil but Ireland’s lack of quality exposed
- Getting Past Mistakes - A Primer for Corporate Leadership
- Hyperborea - Atlantis Beyond the North Wind?
- Concerns of Sirius and XM Listeners
- The Power of Your Brand - A Public Relations Morality Tale
- Amazon Abandons HQ2 Campus in New York
- Zion Williamson makes new-look Pelicans a compelling draw
David Stern press conference transcript have 276 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at July 24, 2007. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.