Berlin, quite surprisingly, has more water surfaces and bridges (650 approx) than Venice, Amsterdam and Stockholm put together! This beautiful capital city and heartbeat of Germany, Berlin is a fascinating place year round with a vast array of attractions to entice all visitors to it again and again especially in the Winter months when its 7 Christmas Markets are out in full force. From traditional markets selling Christmas arts and crafts including hand-blown glass objects, jewellery to mulled wine and cinnamon buns, visiting these markets is a fantastic and fun lead up to Christmas for all the family.
Sightseeing is intense in Berlin…from the remnants of the former Wall to the Brandenburg Gate to Checkpoint Charlie, there is a lot to see in Berlin. A short city break is usually not enough to take in all the historical sights of this legendary city and a second visit is usually imminent on any first-time traveller’s agenda. The transport system in Berlin is, justifiably, known as one of the most efficient in Europe and connects Berlin with the rest of Germany and European countries.
With so many airlines operating routes to Berlin’s main international Tegel airport and a whole crop of low cost carriers now flying to Schonefeld Airport too, it’s never been easier to visit Berlin. Berlin specialists, www.myberlin.co.uk offer fantastic, low prices for a city break to Berlin. They combine cheap flight and discounted hotel packages at top quality hotels including the 5 star Westin Grand Hotel. Check out the offers now as these prices are unbelievably excellent value for money and are not going to be around forever!
As Berlin is just an hour’s flying time from the UK, it makes for the perfect city break, both midweek and weekend. Whether for shopping, sightseeing or for the Christmas Markets, Berlin also makes a great culinary break for food lovers. Try authentic sauerkraut, spicy sausages, schnitzels and pretzels washed down with one of the 800 varieties of beers found in the Bavarian region of Germany. I would recommend you visit Berlin at any time of the year but more so at Christmas when the city is lit up by thousands of twinkling lights and the air is crisp with a hint of snowfall beginning to cloak the city with its velvety texture – that’s the best time to go to Berlin!
- COVID-19 curbs Christmas market plans in Bratislava
- Strasbourg Christmas Market Shooting: Gunman Remains at Large as France Raises Threat Level
- How to Heal the Division Sowed By Terrorism Like the Berlin Christmas Market Attack
- Coronavirus: German families should celebrate Christmas in 'shifts'
- 20 of the UK’s best Christmas light trails
- District 1 hands over land for construction of metro project, Thu Thiem 2 Bridge
- Christmas really is cancelled! Plug is pulled on lights switching-on ceremonies ALREADY due to Covid-19 crisis
- City's economy may grow faster in fourth quarter: Chairman
- HCM City reaches vocational training targets
- EXCLUSIVE: A million businesses forced shut and 20% of Aussies on the dole by Christmas: Chilling Doomsday warning of an economic collapse in the next three months
- EXCLUSIVE: The grim news coming this Christmas: Why thousands MORE Australians stand to lose their jobs in December as the country plunges into its worst recession since WWII under the weight of COVID-19
- BAZ BAMIGBOYE: Oh yes it is! Pantomimes are set for a West End return in time for this Christmas
- Trade plummets at HCM City’s wholesale markets after second COVID-19 outbreak
- City of Tomball cancels its festivals for the rest of 2020
- HCM City all set for tourism revival
- Quality tours at affordable prices needed to stimulate tourism market
- UK spring breaks: six of the best towns and cities
- Two fashion weeks targeting Vietnamese brands to open in HCM City
- Ho Chi Minh City to host diverse range of tourism events
- Film Bridge Launches International Sales On New York Crime Series ‘Big Dogs’ – Toronto
A City of 650 Bridges, Sauerkraut and 7 Christmas Markets have 634 words, post on ezinearticles.com at December 13, 2005. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.