The Purpose: To teach that charity not only takes care of the needs of people that receive it, but warms the heart of the provider.The Lesson”Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass or a tinkling bell.” Bible, 1 Corinthians 13.1So What is Charity Anyway?For our purposes let’s say it is a benevolent good well toward all mankind that is reflected in our actions toward those who are in need.Some say that charity is the true love of God.Did you really say that, Margaret?Margaret Thatcher said that nobody would remember the Good Samaritan if he had not had money.Really?Such a silly statement!It’s true that he went out of his way to see that the man taken by robbers by paying for his care after he got the man into town.But that is not the real story of the Good Samaritan.Do you remember the story?A man was taken by robbers and lay on the road near death. A Priest passed by, feared for his own life, and took a wide birth of the man. So did a Levite!The man robbed was a Jew. The Priest was obligated to… Read full this story
- Madonna turns 60: The painful lessons she taught us about aging while female
- The life-changing science of photographing your clutter
- School pupils have lessons in treating stab wounds
- 7 easy ways to make your life a happy one
- Fairview Elementary students surprise classmate with Xbox after accident took mom's life
- Mongolian Grill’s menu a lesson in Vietnamese cuisine
- Sport saved my life
- Trump’s Transgender Military Ban and Lessons from a Lifetime of Gender-Policing
- Novak Djokovic reflects on harsh 'life lessons' over last 12 months
- Meghan Markle 'gives Harry acting lessons to help with public performances'
Lessons for Life: Charity have 304 words, post on ezinearticles.com at October 26, 2005. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.