The hottest fashion trend for feet this summer is women’s flipflops.
No, I don’t mean the rubber thong variety flipflops. I mean groovy, embellished flipflops, or slides, for the ultimate in casual chic.
Along with the ethnic, boho look that was the hot pick on the catwalks this season, flipflops, thongs, or mules, whatever you wish to call them, are the perfect choice. The boho look (or “urban urchin” look as I prefer to call it), with its glittery and colorful embroidery and flowy soft skirts, is the perfect accompaniment for a pair of upmarket, way cool, flipflops.
And don’t be alarmed, but rubber HAS made a comeback this season, but by way of jelly-strapped, candy colored flats, featuring plenty of bows, beads and glitz. The top shoe designers are also featuring women’s flipflops with a low heel in a rainbow of bright, summery colors.
How To Wear Women’s Flipflops With Style
No self respecting fashionista is going to be caught dead in her flipflops without a perfect pedicure. If you’d rather pay for your new sandals over a professional pedicure, do it yourself.
Fill a bowl with warm, soapy water and soak your feet for about 10 – 15 minutes each. A few drops of peppermint oil will give your feet a beautiful burst of vitality, or try lavender oil or ylang ylang for relaxation.
While your feet are still damp and warm, gently buff your heels and soles with a pumice stone to remove dead skin cells. Then rinse in cool water and apply lashings of your favorite moisturizer. I prefer a thick, lanolin-based cream for extra oomph. If you’re not out to impress anyone at bed time, apply an extra layer of moisturizer and put on a pair of cotton socks overnight.
French manicured toenails are hot right now. Get yourself a French manicure kit for saucy, sexy toenails or go all out with magenta red or soft pink polish.
Then you’re ready to display your new tootsies to the world. Grab your favorite flipflops and get out there girl!
- How workout leggings set the pace in fashion
- Beyoncé stamps her unmistakable brand on sportswear fashion
- Bianca Spender on sustainable fashion: 'There’s always a way to weave in something beautiful'
- Why fast fashion is slow death for the planet
- Growing trend for 'athleisure' fashion sees Lululemon's fortunes rise
- Underwear revolution: how lingerie grew up and put women’s comfort first
- Arnsdorf reborn: how Jade Sarita Arnott came back to fashion
- Non to retro! The Parisian guide to vintage fashion
- Rihanna's empire: empowering women and making lots of money
- Best Winter Coats For Women With Slits and Fur!
- Faster fashion: ‘If a trend comes, we need to have it on our site in under a week’
- Fashion-conscious men warned we may have reached 'peak beard'
- Clothing brand Hush sees rapid growth in backlash against fast fashion
- Sara Ali Khan, Janhvi Kapoor slay in the salwar-kameez look, in this evolving world of fashion
- Shut It Down: Rihanna Will Close New York Fashion Week With an Immersive Savage x Fenty Show
- Guess Jeans introduce Power Denim ahead of Fashion Week
- Bright future? Fashion's watershed year as it moves from waste to woke
- Fast fashion is on the rampage, with the UK at the head of the charge
- How a £1 bikini revealed the changing shape of fast fashion
- 'Have a one-night-stand with a dress': the fashion rental revolution
Get Fashionable With Women's Flipflops have 556 words, post on ezinearticles.com at May 12, 2005. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.