“We’ve opened discussions with EMI (about DRM-free downloads) in multiple markets,” says Soundbuzz CEO Sudhanshu Sarronwala. He says that for EMI’s DRM-free initiative to succeed in Asia, mobile is critical.
“Ninety-five% of digital music is consumed via mobile in the Asia-Pacific region, and the real effect of the EMI announcement is going to be felt when we can offer a DRM-free experience on mobile,” says Sarronwala.
“Sudhanshu has approached EMI and expressed an interest and when we agree terms, we will progress the deal,” says EMI Music South East Asia president/COO Paul Robinson. “Soundbuzz are not the only company to have approached us, and in Asia we expect this EMI initiative to generate significant activity.”\
- Brewers in talks with free agent RHP Matt Garza
- Mariners in serious talks with free-agent slugger Nelson Cruz
- Report: Bruins GM appears to confirm talks with free agent Cody Franson
- Peter Schrager Podcast: Let’s talk some free agency
- The Buzz: BizNasty talks #IceBucketChallenge; free agency; Manziel; PDA trend; more
- Amico talks NBA free agency with Kenny Roda
- Cowboys still in talks with free agent LB McClain
- Santana’s agent says Royals are not in talks for free agent
- Amico talks NBA free agency on 92.3 The Fan
- MLB Hot Stove Tracker: Free agency, trades, rumors & news