This story first appeared in the Jan. 3, 2014, issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
For 2014, 20th Century Fox Television is recasting many of its hit series, including Homeland, Glee and Modern Family — with dogs. The inaugural “Dogs of TCFTV Calendar” — shot Dec. 8 on the Fox lot to benefit the Ace of Hearts Dog Rescue group ($30; 310-369-8386) — features the proud pups of executives. Each month’s photo is themed to a 20th show.
For March, Bella and Coco (owned by wife and husband Sharon Klein, executive vp casting and talent, and Howard Kurtzman, executive vp legal and business affairs) posed for an Arrested Development tableau. Senior vp current programming Jeffrey Glaser‘s pooch Raisin and senior vp brand and franchise management Steven Melnick‘s Lucy modeled for October’s Sleepy Hollow setup, and canines owned by senior vp corporate communications and publicity Chris Alexander, vp publicity Shari Rosenblum and senior vp business affairs Pam Baron sat for January’s New Girl shoot.
- Dogs Are Like Children
- For The New Widow - Three Things To Remember - When The Moon In The Sky Hits Like An Axe In The Eye
- How to use Golf Training Aids to Increase Your Swing Speed and Hit like the Pros
- Dog Learns Like H Sapiens
- Bring on the New TV Dramas
- How to Find the Perfect Dog House for Your Dog
- Zen & the Art of Dog Training
- Bad Dog? I Don't Think So
- Leadership Checklist - Dog Training Basics
- Outside Dogs - Should I Leave My Dog Outside?